HRIA Convention hits Adelaide
Australia’s biggest Hire and rental convention arrived in Adelaide in late April. The Hire Rental Industry Associations Hire 15 Convention was held between 28-30th April, based at The Intercontinental Hotel and the Royal Showgrounds . The show attracts visitors and exhibitors from across the country and features keynote speakers on a range of subjects. Over 400 delegates attended the show along with the Chairman of the American Rental Association and other visitors.
Since 2006 jbcdv has been a key partner in preparing video showreels and filming the event across Australia. In the last 6 years we have also helped theme and design the key elements of the show including the convention logos, slideshows and all media assets used throughout the various events. This is a highly challenging task that starts out almost a year ahead of each show. This year we also helped source entertainment for two events and these two local acts were well received by the audiences. Here are some the tasks we perform for the show.
We partnered with Cameron DuRieu and his crew at Staging Connections who provided faultless AV support on the ground throughout the time we spent at the Intercontinental Hotel
- Film the event and present a highlights reel at the Excellence Awards show on the last night
- Prepare a highlights reel for the next year and the current show
- Test all media playback systems at the venue for Awards Dinners to ensure a good show
- Specify and quote all aspects of AV requirements across all venues
- Establish theme elements in lighting, screens, gobos, and room settings for all shows in conjunction with venue or provider
- Liaise with event managers and all speakers and delegates to manage all media needs during the show
- Ensure all AV systems are working and fit for task before showtimes at all venues
- Call the show as part of the operations crew at the Awards Dinners
- Liaise with all award entrants for artwork and logo and build multiple slideshows for the Awards and other events
- Maintain management of the AV side of events in conjunction with Client and venue staff and management
The HRIA looks forward to working with Jon in the build up to its annual conventions. Jon’s attention to detail and fail safe back up plans ensure whatever the event throws at us, he’s got it covered. The end results speak for themselves and can be seen on the video links to previous HRIA conventions
James Oxenham HRIA Operations Director
This show is a fun event and extremely hard work. I would like to thank all the people that make this possible including Neville Clark, Audio genius from Disk-Edits, and Brad Keighran who does all the key artwork designs with me each year. Bring on the Gold Coast next year!