HIRE16 – Australia’s biggest Hire and Rental Event
In early May, The Hire Rental Industry Association held its annual Convention and Excellence Awards on the Gold Coast. The HRIA is the official industry association for hire and rental companies in Australia, providing benefits and services at both national and state levels. We have worked together for over 10 years and this event utilised all of the resources across my portfolio to help the Association deliver another great show.
The Convention includes seminars and Keynote speeches delivered over two mornings. On the first morning we had the brilliant finance journalist Michael Pascoe, Helicopter rescue pilot Jerry Grayson, and Futurist Steve Sammartino. The Convention was held in the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre and the Excellence Awards Dinner was held at the Marriott in Surfers Paradise.
jbcdv tasks for the HIRE16 Convention:
- Liaise with the HRIA to quote and assess all AV requirements to deliver the desired outcome.
- Produce video showreels and slideshow materials for the whole show and create looping presentations for 5 screens during the exhibition to promote sponsors.
- Manage all AV setups in all venues and coordinate lighting, sound and vision at the Awards and other events
- Coordinate all media assets from all speakers and presenters across the show.
- Produce and call the HRIA Excellence Awards Dinner
- Produce a highlights reel of the event and a warm up video for the HIRE17 Event being held in Cairns.
Visit the HRIA Convention website for more information and galleries.
Watch the HIRE16 Highlights Video
Watch the HIRE17 Cairns Promotional Video
“Jon has the rare ability to take a high level brief, identify the myriad of minute details required to meet this brief and then deliver a superior quality result with maximum impact and minimal fuss. The HRIA know that when we engage JBCDV, we are partnering with both a highly capable professional and a trusted advisor.”
Nicolas Chiew – Operations Manager HRIA
Planning for success
Planning for the event starts nearly one year out from the next event and a team of people all over Australia work together to bring their specialist skills to the table. The result is an event that is tight, punchy and delivers contemporary content to the industry which includes Hire companies such as Kennards and many local SA Businesses including Barossa Valley Hire.
The Access equipment part of the show highlights equipment from Genie, JLG and many others.
It’s a big event and a good example of what jbcdv can provide clients in terms of detail, management and coordination of multiple teams and venues, all from here in South Australia.
About the HRIA
The Hire and Rental Industry Association is the official industry association for hire and rental companies in Australia, providing benefits and services at both national and state levels.
The HRIA team is now headed up by James Oxenham and supported by Nicolas Chiew and all the fine staff at the Association in Sydney. Other people I worked closely with were Dee Foster from CBE and Tom O’Dowd from No Fuss Event Hire. Steve Ryan took all the photos and as always does amazing work.
It’s great to work with progressive people all working hard to deliver a great event year after year and I look forward to 2017 in Cairns. You can see the videos here for the highlights of 2016 and the warm up for Cairns.
- Project Mangement
- AV support and consultation
- lighting, sound and vision specification and
- Keynote slideshows with embedded video for 5 screens
- Filming of convention and preview of video at the Excellence Awards Dinner
- Highlights video production
- Coordination and wrangling of all presenter and seminar presentations
- Liaison with the HRIA and other contractors and all venues.
If you need help to run the AV management of your next show, no matter what or where it is, we can help.